Bartender – Alcohol Breath Tester
The Alcohol Breath Tester is a handy mini Breathalyser that keeps on your key ring to give you an estimate on your blood alcohol content.
- Measures your blood alcohol content to three levels (see additional notes below).
- Fits on your keyring.
- Quick and easy to use – get your results within seconds.
- LED torch function (sometimes you need a little extra assistance find the keyhole).
How Does it Work?
- Hold down the power button until the LED turns green then blow across the top of the grill.
- If the LED light stays green, you’re under 0.05%. If it turns yellow, then you’re on the edge of being over the legal limit. Think about an alternate way home instead of driving.
- A red light is bad. You blood-alcohol content is too high. Time to find an alternate mode transport or sober friend.
Level 1: Safety: under 0.02% BAC (blood alcohol content)
Level 2: Caution: 0.02% – 0.05% BAC
Level 3: Danger: over 0.05% BAC
Battery: 2 x AAA size (not included)
Size: 73 x 39 x 20mm
- Use this device as a guide only. Much like any breathalyser, it will only give you an estimate and results may vary.
- Remember, it’s not 100% accurate so never drink and drive!
- Always keep the power button pressed while taking the test.
- It’s recommended that you wait 20 minutes after drinking before taking the test. It takes this long for alcohol to be absorbed into the blood and for any residual alcohol in the mouth to be dissipated.
- Do not eat or smoke 20 minutes prior to testing.
- For accurate results, wait 3 minutes in between tests.
- Do not use chemicals to clean the tester
- Do not blow liquid into the breath pipe.
- Do not place tester in a closed environment with contaminated air.