Chasseur Cast Iron – Liquorice Blue 30cm 2.5Ltr Low Round Casserole (Made in France)
Chasseur is truly the cordon bleu of French provincial cookware.
Exclusively designed and manufactured in France using cast iron double coated enamel one coat, black enamel to seal the product and one coat coloured enamel for durability.
The low casserole is very versatile and handy to have in your kitchen. It is a wonderful pot to cook your pasta sauce and complete / serve your pasta dish. Also good for stir frying meat with vegetables, cooking risotto, and even making desserts like Tarte Tatin and Focaccia bread! This is also perfect for searing meat on the stove top before putting in the oven to complete the cooking process. Its heavy lid with unique rings create a self-basting effect that keeps your food tender and moist while retaining the flavour. A thick cast iron base gives a more even distribution of heat, a vital ingredient in the creation of any fine dish, whilst a double enamel coating makes for a more durable, longer lasting cookware.
The collection comes in round and oval french oven dishes, casserole dishes, Frypans, roasting pans and grills to assist with most cooking methods.
Chasseur Cast Iron Cookware is very energy efficient. Once heated your dish requires only a low heat setting to maintain excellent cooking performance.
Further, the cookware requires no pre-heating time.
Additionally, Chasseur Cookware is suitable for cooking on all cook-tops including: Gas, Solid Electric, Halogen, Induction and Radiant Ring Electric.
The Collection is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning, however hand washing is recommended.
- Made in France
- Each piece of Chasseur Cast Iron Cookware is Unique – every piece is hand cast in individual sand moulds which are destroyed after each use.
- Manual Enamelling Process – the trademark Chasseur coloured enamel is skillfully applied by hand to each unique piece by trained experts.
- Optimal Gauge on All Pieces – to promote unsurpassed heat distribution and retention and no hot spots.
- Suitable for all Heat Sources Including Induction
- Oven Safe to 250°C (for pots with stainless steel knobs) and 220°C (for pots with black knobs).
Height with Lid: 13cm
Dia with Handles: 36.5cm
Dia of Base: 25cm