Chefs Choice – 316 Asia Electric Sharpener
Designed to put a factory sharp, 15 degree precision edge on all contemporary Asian style knives, Chinese style cleavers and the thinner, traditional single-bevel Japanese blades as well as contemporary European/American style knives:
- Factory sharp edge for 15 degree steel knives
- Thin, razor sharp edges for effortless food preparation
- 2-Stage diamond sharpening for stronger edges and faster resultshoning and polishing
- Precision guides sharpen at 15 degrees
- Resharpen with ultra-fine diamondsknives last longer
- For single or double-faceted blades
- Create the 15 degree edge on thin Euro/American style knives
- Sharpens both straight edge and fine edge knives
The ChefsChoice® Model 316 has two sharpening stages that sharpen the edge at 15 degrees.
The first stage hones each side of the edge with fine 100% diamond abrasives.
The second stage polishes the edge using ultra-fine 100% diamond abrasives.
In both Stage 1 and 2, the left side and the right side of the blade are sharpened separately, which allows the user to hone and polish the traditional single-beveled Japanese blades.
The contemporary Japanese blade, Chinese cleavers and modern European style knives should be honed and polished on both sides of the blade.
The traditional single-bevel Japanese blade must be honed and polished primarily on the front side of the blade, which has the large factory bevel.
Using high precision elastomeric angle guides, the Model 316 will eliminate all the guesswork and provide users with a reliable sharpening method that guarantees a factory quality edge in just minutes.
Number of Sharpening Stages: 2
Abrasive: 100% diamond abrasives
Sharpens both fine edge and serrated knives: Yes
Resulting Edge Angle: 15 degree
Pre-Sharpening Stage: No
Sharpening Stage: Yes
Honing/Polishing Stage: Yes
Steeling Stage: No
Time Required to Sharpen: Approximately 1-2 minutes for first time sharpening.
Resharpening is approximately 15-30 seconds.
Warranty: 1 year
Includes: Instruction manual